Alpenrose am See probably has the best view of the Alpsee. Or to be exact, our fantastic terrace does, where you can watch the light dancing on the lake in a relaxing atmosphere. It is the perfect place to enjoy a cool drink or delicious „König Ludwig Glace Royale“ ice cream specialities. The Alpenrose has opened seasonally.
The special atmosphere in the Alpenrose am See is not just created by its superb location, the building itself is a genuine treasure. It has been part of the scenery at Hohenschwangau for more than 100 years. We have refurbished and modernised it carefully for our guests, giving it a contemporary touch, but retaining every bit of its regional charm.
In the year 1780/82 the today's Alpenrose was built as "Neues Bräuhaus" by the court mason foreman Ferdinand Bader. From 1904 it is the first house on the square as "Königliches Hofhotel und Pension zur Alpenrose". After the end of the monarchy in 1918, the Alpenrose was a hotel owned by the state, from 1924 it was owned by the WAF and operated as a hotel until the Second World War. As a result of the war, the hotel was forcibly occupied and, like the Lisl and Jägerhaus, served as a military hospital. From 1946 the Alpenrose was a lodging for displaced persons and later also a home for the elderly for some time and was closed in 1958. It was not until 1980 that it was given in hereditary building rights to the Allgäuer Wohnbau GmbH, which set up vacation apartments and apartments, but closed the business again in 1994. In the course of the opening of the Museum of the Bavarian Kings (opening September 2011), the entire Alpenrose building was lovingly and lavishly renovated again under the direction of the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichsfonds and hotel rooms were prepared for expansion. The restaurant with terrace was operated under its own management from September 2011 to October 2018. In 2018, the expansion and furnishing of the rooms then took place in the course of the new hotel construction of the AMERON Neuschwanstein Alpsee Resort & Spa.